- A baler, a swather, a mother, a father.
- A Brethren, a preacher, a missionary, a teacher.
- An Albertan, Victorian, New Yorker, valedictorian.
- A photographer, biographer, a guard and a center.
- A monogamist, polyamorist, enveloper and developer.
“Almost all my gear is from charity shops and estate sales,” said Brick. “I rebuild it then write and record with it. Some pieces I keep and others I sell through a side business I have with my kids. The acoustic guitar is an early 70s Japanese Epiphone dreadnought I bought several years ago at a charity shop (Goodwill) and kept.”
Two Dollar Coat is a new stripped down, vulnerable song from Brick Blair that evokes classic acoustic singer songwriters like Yusuf/Cat Stevens and John Prine, albums like Bruce Springsteen’s Nebraska, and songs like Townes Van Zandt’s, Waiting Around to Die.